The perfect craft for all children to take part in during the holiday season, create quick and easy designs with fantastic results. Here we have collected 3 of our favourite designs for you to follow along with, so grab the paint and let’s get messy!
For this you will need:
- Paint! A more opaque paint like acrylic works best.
- Paper/ cards to print your design onto
- Some little fingers!
- Pens, pom poms, stickers… anything you want to decorate your card with!
Any paint works great for this activity, but if you want to focus on the fun a little more than the mess, try out our Fingerprint Buddies activity kit!
A wonderful set of ink pads in a variety of colours to follow along or create your own unique designs.
Fingerprint Buddies £13.50
- Different fingers are different sizes, play with these to create different designs.
- Adding white dots behind your drawing is a great way to create a snowy winter atmosphere.
- Letting the paint stay thick can add lovely texture when creating trees and wreaths!
- Use a hair dryer to speed up drying time - but be careful to hold down any nearby paper or it will fly away!
- Get the whole family involved, use mum and dads fingerprints as well, this way you'll get lots of unique Reindeer.
- Make sure there is an adult present to supervise.
Written and Designed by Charlotte May